Monday, April 15, 2024

Progress Report - NaPoWriMo #13

4-15-24

Our almost-two-year-old grandson spent the weekend with Tom and me.  It was both wonderful and exhausting.  Needless to say no computers were opened; no words were written (or typed).  And I’m still recovering.  There is a reason 60-year-old women don’t have babies.  I bow and tip my metaphorical hat to the grandmas out there who have had to take over raising their grandchildren.  But, now for a few words.

 

April 14, and the first tulip has opened.

It’s a pink one that I planted a few years ago.

 

The blue and white Scillas

cover most of the hill

going down to the driveway.

 

Lilac leaves are opening,

though the flowers are a way off yet.

 

Last night we slept with the windows open

for the first time this year.

 

The winter has been mild

but it was a long time in leaving.                                           73

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blaze Quadrille - NaPoWriMo #29

You wax I wane   your ecstasy is my pain   my loss is your gain   and your ease becomes my strain   My silence y...